MZ’s Beet-Kimchi Parsnip Burgers with Miso Tahini
[to be made to the sound of this Bill Withers mix]
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until well incorporated. The mixture should stick to itself but not be too dry so they hold together over heat. Add a little more tahini if too dry, a little more flaxseed or flour if too wet.
- Shape into burgers, packing quite tightly between your palms.
- Heat a skillet or non-stick pan over medium heat add just enough cooking oil to cover the base. Once the pan is hot, add the patties and reduce heat. It usually takes about 3-4 minutes per side, but give or take based on how cooked/crispy you like them.
- For the miso tahini, combine all ingredients – play around with levels depending whether you like it more like a paste or more runny.
- Serve as is, with lettuce wraps, collard greens or with your favourite burger buns. Garnish with additional kimchi, pesto, avocado, hemp seeds and/or sliced radish.